We began as a small German speaking country Church in 1892 – the horse and buggy were very much in vogue and Manchester Avenue was just a dirt road.
As the church grew, it outgrew its first building and in 1954 we dedicated our current building to the glory of God.
The school building still serves the community, and the church continues to praise God for all His blessings.
We continue to proclaim the mission emphasis with which Concordia began in the words of Isaiah 56:7 – “… mine house shall be called a house of prayer for all people.”
Today, our mission states: “To be united in Word and Sacrament through regular worship of the Triune God and the study of His Word, we at Concordia Lutheran Church, Maplewood, Missouri are called to reach out in love and service to this community with the message of free grace, love and salvation found only in Christ Jesus.”